Carlos Sentís – World Innovation Alliance Founder and CEO :
Carlos is a social entrepreneur, consultant and lecturer on impact innovation, education, communication, social impact and international relations with 14 years of working experience.
Carlos Sentís is the Founder and CEO of the World Innovation Alliance (WIA), Board Member of International Development and Global Innovation Fund at the World Humanitarian Forum (WHF), Presidential Adviser in the Organization of Young Entrepreneurs of the European Union (JEUNE), Vice-president of Impact Innovation at the Ariel Foundation, advisor at the CKGSB Business School China Start program, board member of the European North Africa Research Center (EUNACR), Honorary Advisor of Lakshyam NGO (India), judge, mentor and speaker at the Hult Prize Foundation among other organizations.
His main role since 2018 is CEO of the World Innovation Alliance, a private organization that brings together companies, institutions and more than 1000 experts from 150 different countries to design, curate and implement scalable solutions for priority problems of the UNSDGs through technology, education, multi-stakeholder collaboration, policy reforms, advocacy and communication campaigns with concrete impact calls to action to empower individuals and organizations to maximize wellbeing, impact and economic prosperity.
World Economic Forum Global Shaper, Carlos has also been selected European Young Leader, China Tourism Ambassador (China Ministry of Culture and Tourism) for developing the world’s largest influencer tourism campaign, Nova 111 list, top 10 Spanish youths with highest potential in politics and public policy, Brand Spain contributor (Spanish Ministry of Foreign Affairs). In 2019´s World Youth Forum, Carlos was selected as representative from Europe to address 5000 delegates in the closing ceremony.
- LecturerCarlos has lectured in 16 different universities and business schools, including EU Business School, Universidad Francisco de Vitoria, EAE Business School, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, Universidad Rey Juan Carlos, Universidad Carlos III, Universidad San Pablo CEU, IE University, IE Business School, Universidad Europea de Madrid, King’s College University (Nepal), Cross River Tech University (Nigeria), RIIM Business School India, University of Portsmouth (UK), and Universidad Santo Tomás de Colombia.Speaker, trainer, advocate, mentor
As a public speaker and trainer, Carlos has provided practical recommendations, solutions and advice about education, peace, youth, migration, technology, international relations, communication, intercultural relations, career, economic development, entrepreneurship, tourism, public – private collaboration, impact maximization, innovation, mental health and UNSDGs to more than 30.000 people of all ages from more than 160 different countries.
Some of the organizations that Carlos has contributed to include OECD, United Nations World Tourism Organization, World Humanitarian Forum, World Youth Forum, World Travel Tourism Council, Ministry of Youth and Sports of Liberia, China Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Spanish Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Egypt Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Egypt Ministry of Youth and Sports, JEUNE Young Entrepreneurs Organization of the European Union, Horasis, Net Impact, JCI, World Happiness Fest, World Tourism Cities Federation, China Ministry of Culture and Tourism, Regional Government of Madrid, Overseas Chinese Affairs Office of the State Council, Tourism Innovation Summit, Argentina Chamber of Tourism, Digital Enterprise Show, HackSTEM future of education, Scholarships and Awards Forum, Women for Impact, Afro Science Foundation, among others.
As part of his advocacy work, Carlos has contributed with recommendations in meetings with the President of the European Parliament, Government of Perú World Bank backed Project, President of Portugal, Madrid City Hall, Secretary General of the UNWTO, Governments of Liberia, Spain, Egypt and China, Members of the European Parliament, International organizations, Professional associations.
As part of his role as mentor, Carlos provides support, guidance and recommendations to hundreds of students and professionals across multiple countries.
Carlos has worked as a consultant for more than 100 public and private organizations among different industries, providing advice, concrete action plans, executing projects and delivering a wide range of services for:
L´Oreal, Alibaba, PWC, Huawei, Tiktok, LaLiga, Real Madrid, Dior, Chanel, Tencent, Telefónica, Coca-Cola, World Travel Tourism Council, IE Business School, GTBank, China Ministry of Culture and Tourism, Aena Airports, Iberia, Air China, JD.com, Value Retail, China Eastern, HNA Group, Dacheng, China Construction Bank, Chinese Embassy in Spain, Government of Madrid, Barcelona, Valencia, Castilla y León, Seville, Segovia, Paradores, Correos, Spain Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Asisa, Kiehl’s, the Royal Theatre of Madrid, FCC, CCTV, Hunan TV, World Tourism Alliance, Government of several regions of China, including Beijing, Shanghai, Hebei, Gansu, Jiangsu, Hainan, Zhejiang, Tianjin, Qinghai, Sichuan or Guizhou, among others.
Media and communications
Carlos and his work has been featured in media more than 1500 different times on TV, Radio, Print and Online outlets including: Forbes, Al Jazeera, DMC TV Egypt, China Media Group, People’s Daily, China.org, Xinhua, CCTV, CGTN, Jiangsu TV, Hunan TV, Chengdu TV, Sina, Tencent, Sohu, Di Yi Caijing, Youku, Yidian Caijing, Spanish National Television, Spanish National Radio Station, Antena 3, La Sexta, EFE, Europa Press, Telemadrid, El Confidencial, ABC, El Mundo, La Razón, Capital, Expansión, Actualidad Económica, Cinco Días, Cuatro, La Vanguardia, Onda Cero, COPE, El País, Egypt Today, AlHayah TV, Egynews TV, Capital Magazine among others.
With his work, Carlos and his team have generated more than 1500 media impacts and more than 100 million social media interactions in different campaigns, reaching 200 million combined followers and viewers through influencer and TV promotion actions in 10 different countries.
Education and capabilities
Carlos holds a bachelor’s degree in Information Sciences by Complutense University of Madrid and Global Advanced Management Program by IE Business School.
He speaks fluent Spanish, English and Chinese, and intermediate French and Arabic.
Carlos has engaged in a wide variety of projects, providing services and developing capacities that include: Strategy, management, innovation, delegation planning, public affairs, corporate affairs, public relations, citizen, youth and employee engagement, recruiting, branding, graphic design, copywriting, video direction, production, editing, script writing, website planning, public speaking, advertising, digital marketing, media planning, media content distribution, journalism, social media management, communication campaigns, event organization, influencer marketing, celebrity marketing, network creation and management, business development, CRM, sponsorship, brand activation and policy recommendations.
- United Nations Global Compact in WIA 1st General Assembly
- WIA 1st General Assembly video
- WIA Inaugural Speech Video
- Carlos Sentís – ReWired 2021 Dubai Expo 2020 – Keys for the future of Education
- World Innovation Alliance Presentation Deck
- Post about WIA 1st General Assembly
- Behind the scenes General Assembly
- OECD Interview about WIA, Skills for Growth and Connections for Growth
- WIA 1st General Assembly Press Release
- Carlos Sentís EU Business School Masterclass
- Carlos Sentis speaks at the Closing ceremony of the World Youth Forum（complete）
- Carlos Sentís opening remarks and session moderation OECD Youth Week
- OECD Stand by Youth webinar – (Carlos interventions)
- Carlso Sentís moderates “HackStem 2021 – The Future of Education” with UNICEF, LEGO Foundation, Siemens Gamesa , UNSN
- Carlos Sentís speech on Impact Tourism at the Tourism Innovation Summit
- Innovation for peace speech, Ministry of Youth and Sports of Liberia, Peace summit
- A brand called you interview
- Interview on Tech for Good, Emerging futures podcast
- Carlos Sentís Session for IE Business School – Africa on Personal Branding and Career Development
- Ramadan Kareem, Carlos Sentís message in Arabic to the muslim community in difficult times
- Skills for growth in a disrupted world after COVID19 – Professor Carlos Sentís Session IE Africa
- Masterclass on career development Universidad Francisco de Vitoria (Spanish)
- Egypt Ministry of Youth and Sports Global Citizen: Carlos Sentís
- Carlos Sentís Speech on the online African Youth Conference
- Impact innovation and tech for good for the UNSDGs, International Study Programs
- Carlos Sentís 霍天杰 Alibaba Tourism Workshop: Marketing and Impact Tourism
- Carlos Sentis video message for the Scholarships And Awards Education Summit in Egypt 2020
- “You are our future, our present and our only hope”, Carlos Sentís virtual masterclass
- Cómo afrontar la crisis económica, Sesión por Carlos Sentís
- Carlos Sentís speaks on the recovery of the Tourism Sector, Argentina Chamber of Tourism
- Carlos Sentis interview in Egyptian National Television DMC (complete)
- World Youth Forum “Fostering Mediterranean Regional Cooperation in Addressing Common Challenges chaired by President Al Sisi
- King´s College University in Nepal: COVID-19 and aftermath effect in Marketing strategies & Action | ft. Carlos Sentis & Kings College
- Carlos Sentís message in Arabic for the Ministry of Youth of Egypt, Global Citizen Radio Show
- Entrevista a Carlos Sentís para MeetIn: Liderazgo, relaciones internacionales y la recuperación tras COVID
- Horasis Global Visions Forum: Carlos Sentís – Leadership, Democracy, Technology,
- Education and Social Impact for the new world
Carlos started his career as a journalist in the Spanish “El Imparcial” writing about international affairs, (intern to manager), technology (editor of the “Internet Chronicle”), then became Editor in Chief of El Imparcial Magazine and continued to hold the position of marketing, advertising and business manager. He then created, with his father, the journalist José Antonio Sentís, Ideas, Education and Communication Ltd, the consultancy specialized in communication and international relations, with which Carlos has developed most of his work with companies and institutions from multiple industries. In 2018, Carlos founded the “World Innovation Alliance” to find and apply specific scalable solutions for the UNSDGs, which remains to be his main occupation today.
Carlos writes a Linkedin blog to share practical recommendations to help individuals and organizations maximize wellbeing, impact and economic prosperity.